AFFF 6% Aqueous Film Forming Foam - a non-toxic, clear liquid with no stratification or turbidity, is a fluoro-chemical foam concentrate, commonly known as AQUEOUS FILM FORMING FOAM concentrate (AFFF), which represents a major advancement in foam technology for effective extinguishment of class A and class B fires, as low and Medium expansion foam.
- RAPID FLAME KNOCK DOWN ON CLASS B FIRES
- STRONG FUEL VAPOR SUPPRESSIONS
- LONG SHELF LIFE, USABLE AS PRE-MIX
- SUB ZERO POUR POINT
- EXCELLENT FUEL SHEDDING PROPERTY
- COMPATIBLE WITH FRESH/SEA WATER AND WITH DRY POWDER AND SUITABLE FOR USE AS TWIN AGENT
HIGH RISK PROTECTION
Civil and military aviations, oil refineries, offshore oil platforms,
oil tankers, bulk fuel oil storage etc.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- LOW & MEDIUM EXPANSION BRANCH PIPES AND MONITORS
- BALANCED PRESSURE PUMP PROPORTIONING
- AROUND THE PUMP PROPORTIONERS
- FIXED AND PORTABLE IN-LINE VENTURI TYPE INDUCTORS
- FOG SPRINKLERS AND MONITORS
- TOP POURING AND SUB - SURFACE INJECTION
- FOAM/WATER SPRINKLERS
FOAMER BRAND AFFF can be used with standard & conventional low/medium expansion foam making equipments with fresh /sea/brackish water, either as a solution or through foam induction systems. This unique quality of FOAMER BRAND AFFF makes it suitable for use in special applications like crash Tenders/Monitors/Foam chambers Air-aspirating and non-aspirating sprinkler heads or spray nozzles/Air-aspirating foam nozzles/portable foam Extinguishers etc. FOAMER BRAND AFFF, applied into fixed water spray or sprinkler installations for protection of stores, ware-houses, tanker loading areas and other local risks involving a spilled fuel fire, has been found extremely effective. Various crude oils, gasoline, diesels fuels, aviation fuels, etc. its excellent wetting characteristics make it suitable in combating class A fires as well. It can be used with dry chemical extinguishing agents without regard to the order of application to provide even greater fire protection capability.
APPROVALS AND MARKINGS
- UL(Under writer’s Laboratories Inc., USA) Listed as per UL 162
- LICENSED FOR CERTIFICATION MARKINGS BY BUREAU OF INDIAN STANDARDS
- TAC(Tariff Advisory Committee: statuary body under the Insurance Act, 1938, Government of India
- Registered in Indian Defense with CQAFFE, Pune
- EN 1568-3
FOAMER BRAND AFFF-6 is a superior for extinguishing flammable hydrocarbon fires at a unique 6% induction ration (6parts of concentrate and 94 parts of water)
When stored in the packaging supplied (polyethylene drums or pails) and within the temperature limits specified, the shelf life of FOAMER BRAND AFFF concentrate is about 10-15 years. Maximum recommended storage temperature is up to 65oC. if the product is frozen during storage or transportation, thawing will render the product completely usable. Mixing after freeze thaw cycling is recommended.
MATERIAL OF CONSTRUCTION
Foam concentrates have neutral pH and generally no corrosion problem will occur with metals or plastic. Recommended construction materials are stainless steel (Type 304 or 316), high density cross linked polyethylene(HDPE) or reinforce polyester(isopthalic) polyester resin, epoxy resin) with a vinyl polyester resin internal layer coating (50-100 mils). Fittings in foam concentrate pumps and valves may be made from Brass (Red Brass, normal Brass) bronze or gunmetal.
FOAMER BRAND AFFF is compatible with a wide range of conventional foams including most protein and fluoro-protein foams and can be applied simultaneously with other types of foams and dry powders for separate application, or as a twinagent.
- ICAO.DOC.9137-AN 898 (Part I)
- US MMIL-F-24385
FOAMER BRAND AFFF 6% is available in UV protected 20L, 30L capacity HDPE pails or 200L capacity HDPE drums as per IS 7959.